Summer! BBQ! Margaritas! Fresh fruit and salad! Chips! Dip!
I think this is way nicer than that slimy stuff from a can I used to enjoy with ruffles potato chips as a youngster.
1/4 cup to 1/2 cup Olive oil
fresh ground sea salt and black pepper
2 onions, finely sliced
1 shallot, finely sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1⁄4 cup cream cheese, softened
1⁄4 cup greek yogurt
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Splash of hot sauce
2 green onions or handful of chives, chopped
Serve with chips or cut raw vegetables. Also good on sandwiches and burgers.
1) Heat up about 1/4 cup or more of olive oil in a heavy-bottomed pan and add in the sliced onions and shallots.
2) Cook on med low for about 20 minutes until a nice golden brown, stirring frequently to prevent burning.
3) Add in the minced garlic, salt and pepper and cook on low another few minutes to cook the garlic.
4) Add all the ingredients except the green onion or chives to a food processor and blitz until combined. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Mix the chopped green onion in with a spoon.
5) Refridgerate for a couple hours before serving. Top with more green onion for presentation if desired.