chocolate chip cookies, cookies, fruit and nut cookies, homemade cookies, nuts, oatmeal cookies, trail mix
These are quick enough to be done in the morning before school. 15 or 20 minute prep time and 10 minute cooking time. If you have the time…
1 cup (2 sticks or 220g) unsalted butter, at room temperature or melted
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
1 3/4 cups whole wheat or spelt flour
1/4 cup nut meal such as almond meal (or ground nuts)
1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup of chopped nuts and seeds (I used a mix of cashew and hazelnut)
3/4 to 1 cup dried fruit (such as raisins, apricots, mango, cranberries)
fresh grated coconut (optional)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F. Bake on cookie sheets or thin baking trays, lined with parchment paper.
2) Whisk the melted butter and sugars until smooth.
3) Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk together.
4) Add the dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
5) Mix in the nuts, dried fruit and chocolate chips until everything is thoroughly incorporated. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, and mix briefly.
6) Drop large teaspoons of cookie dough onto the trays and bake in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, watching that the bottoms don’t burn.
Beautiful Pictures, the recipes are nice too:))
Thank you so much 🙂